Advertisement

Walking On A Road Without An End | A song to help with listlessness

Walking On A Road Without An End | A song to help with listlessness As a singer-songwriter and music therapist, I write healing music about you on your request. This song is written in dedication to the following personal story:


STOP DOING NOTHING



"I often feel listless and don't feel like doing anything. So then I don't do anything, which in turn makes me feel even more listless, and so on. This vicious circle of listlessness affects me on multiple areas in my life, especially college assignments with my thesis in particular, but also on matters such as getting out of bed, grocery shopping, being creative, et cetera.


This problem often arises on days when I don't have anything planned, but I can also feel like this on a given morning with an appointment in the afternoon. I can even wake up with this feeling and then actually choose to work from home even though the initial plan was to go to the office, and subsequently get nothing done at all. I do dream a lot at night and remember most of the dreams, so they may impact how I feel on that day. And I don't want to dive too deeply into it, but maybe I am even using this vicious circle as an excuse for myself so I don't actually have to do anything.


I feel like I could simply lack the perseverence to get over the listless feeling. I know that going outside or getting together with someone can be solutions, but actually doing this feels like such a mountain to climb because I feel so drained and useless. This really hampers my self-worth and self-confidence as well, so I really want to get rid of it.
"


========================


Lyrics:


WALKING ON A ROAD WITHOUT AN END


I’m walking on a road without an end

I’m talking to the sand

To find myself bent to the troubles of the mass

I surrender to the puzzles of the compass


Do I fall in? Do I dive in?

Or am I falling for the struggles of the test?

Do I fall in? Do I dive in?

I’m going east while the horizon’s going west


I’m floating on a sea without an end

I’m longing for the sand

To find myself a land without the troubles of the mass

I surrender to the puzzles of the compass


Do I fall in? Do I dive in?

Or am I falling for the struggles of the test?

Do I fall in? Do I dive in?

I’m going east while the horizon’s going west


I throw my anchor in the sea

Decide this is where I’ll be

I put my footprints in the sand

To claim this land called
Home.


========================


Do you want me to write a song about your story? Do you want to inspire others? Send it to stories.soundlikeyou@gmail.com


Thanks for sharing!

listless,listlessness,listlesness,listlesnes,feeling useless,depression,healing music for depression,feeling down,therapeutic music,song to help with,song to help with listlessness,song to help with listlesness,original song,music therapist,music therapy,music therapy channel,songs for music therapy,healing music,healing yourself,finding yourself,finding your true self,music for healing,meditation song,walking on a road,walking on a road without an end,

Post a Comment

0 Comments