Advertisement

What are they drinking in Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark? | How to Drink

What are they drinking in Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark?  | How to Drink What exactly were Marion and Belloq drinking in that tent in Cairo in 1936?

**********************************

Today I get to the bottom of something I actually thought I already knew: What are Marion and Belloq drinking when he's holding her captive? He refers to it as "His Family Label" but what does that even mean? Turns out it's not Grappa, or Marc, but something completely different and it suggests crazy new information about the background of René Belloq! In fact, I think this scene gives his character so much more depth, I'm kinda blown away by it.

In addition to all of that, I'll be making an original cocktail I call The Family Label. To make it you'll need a bottle of North African Fig Brandy, I used Mahia from Morocco but a Boukha from Tunisia might be even better.

The Family Label

1 oz. -or- 30 ml. Clementine Juice
.5 oz. -or- 15 ml. Orgeat
.5 oz. -or- 15 ml. Kina L'Aéro D'or
2 oz. -or- 60 ml. Mahia
Shake & Strain
Garnish with Candied Orange

Most of the tools and gear I use on the show can be found on my gear page at: BUT, here's a couple of links that everyone is almost always asking me about:

Koriko Weighted Shaker Tins:
Koriko Hawthorne Strainer:
Leopold Jigger:
Imbibe! By David Wondrich:
Liquid Intelligence by Dave Arnold:


Slowly but surely, I'm starting a mailing list so that I'm not fully dependent on YT's algorithmized notifications system. If you'll sign up, I promise not to abuse your generosity, or sell your info to anyone. It's over on the blog right here:


***********************************

twitter:
instagram:
Blog:
Patreon:
Gear:

***********************************

Music by Glen Crytzer:

***********************************

Incredibly Awesome Patrons who make this show possible!
Shelby Benton
Dennis Groome
Rob L
Rosemary H. Andrus
Rob Hayward
Ryan Wolfe
Anthony Elias
Trip Brennan
Per Keckman Persson
Aditya Choksi
Rachel Keys
Whiskey Tribe
James Richards
Sara Caudill
Thomas D Choate
William Madrid
Tetas Duras
Erik Språng
Uri Sacharow
Sean F.
Nicholas Tsotakos

htd,how to drink,mixology,tape brothers territory,alcohol,liquor,bartending,mixed drinks,how to,how to make,spirits,bitters,drink,cocktails,cocktail,classic,recipes,raider's of the lost ark,raiders of the lost ark,family label,its my family label,marion and belloq,indiana jones,indiana jones drink,indiana jones drinking,indianna jones,indiana jones secrets,marion ravenwood,drinks from north africa,harrison ford,steven spielberg,cocktail ideas,lost ark,

Post a Comment

0 Comments