Advertisement

I Bought a Kentia Palm & it Has Scale! Oops

I Bought a Kentia Palm & it Has Scale! Oops Picking up from where things left off in last weeks vlog. I got a Kentia Palm! I’ve wanted one of these fancy houseplants for so many years but never found one that I thought I was affordable. I actually had a Kentia ( howea forsteriana ) for many years when I was growing up, it was a super rare red variety of kentia palm too. Ever since I gave that plant away, I have wanted a new one. Now I have one, and it has Scale. Scale are plant pest which attach themselves to the foliage of plants and suck the juices right out of them. It is more technical than that, but this video isn’t really about scale. I did spend a large part of the video going over my methods to removing pest from plants. Whether it be scale, mealybugs, spider mites etc., I follow the same routine initially and then evaluate later if more extreme action needs to be taken. For the most part neem oil will do the trick for small infestations. I love neem oil, there are many uses for the product. How to use neem oil is so simple, it is safe and as long as it diluted properly it is hard to overuse it. Not all plants are the same, many palms do not respond well to having liquid in their crown. The neem is safer to use in that regard since it naturally is also a fungicide. I have used neem on many of my houseplants and never had any problems with it. My ficus lyrata ( fiddle leaf fig ) philodendrons, pothos, monsteras, orchids (but I avoid the roots) and all of my succulents and cactus have always been fine with neem applications. After talking about the Kentia palm houseplant and the scale issues I went away for a few days and came back with some updates. I went to a baseball game; the koi and goldfish show and overall just had a great time. From there and on in the vlog I just chatted about the garden, life and getting ready for fall. I did decide to hold off a couple of weeks before repotting the Kentia palm, it’s going through a lot right now and don’t see a reason to stress the plant any further than necessary. I know this video wasn’t a how to grow a kentia palm video, or how to repot a houseplant, or even how to treat scale on houseplants, but it’s a vlog and it’s a look at how I deal with these issues with houseplants in a more casual manner. Hopefully something from all of that was helpful.

⬇️⭐⭐⭐⬇️Social Media⬇️⭐⭐⭐⬇️

🍃Stay up to date with daily life and activities through messaging and pictures and don't forget to subscribe and hit the notification bell!
INSTAGRAM- @tropicalplantparty
TWITTER- @tropicalplantJc
SnapChat- Tropplantparty

Kentia palm,scale,scale insects,houseplants,garden,gardening,plants,how to grow,how to treat,educational,learning,houseplant care,plant chat,plant care,koi,goldfish,pets and animals,rare plants,howea forsteriana,neem oil,tutorial,how to use neem oil,how to treat scale,how to get rid of scale,mealybugs,alocasia,stromanthe,home and garden,rare houseplants,

Post a Comment

0 Comments