Advertisement

People Made Fun of Me Because I'm Disabled

People Made Fun of Me Because I'm Disabled Hey, my name is Kendal. My mom and dad have to travel a lot for their work, so my life is pretty hectic. Sometimes we have not stayed in one place for more than a month. I have never really had the time to make friends, since we are moving around so much. I do like to travel with my parents, because we try all kinds of new food, visit museums, parks, and all sorts of local attractions. For someone confined to a wheelchair, I really get around. Honestly, for the past few years, it has not even bothered me.

When we arrived at this new town, my parents enrolled me in the local school. At first, I was excited to meet people and learn, but I was disappointed to find out that is really not what happens at all. My classes do not really seem to teach me anything new. My teachers do not really even want to be there. For the most part, all of the students are ignored by the faculty members. Since the teachers have such a hands-off approach, some of the students take advantage. Usually, their taking advantage of a lack of supervision just results in problems.

On the first day, when I went to school, the first thing a girl did was snicker at me. When I said, “What are you laughing about?”
She just laughed and got her friends’ attention.
“Don’t you know that you can’t bring vehicles into the school building? You need to buy a permit for that thing.” She teased.
No one had ever talked to me like that before, so I was just stunned. One of her friends laughed and joined in.
“Permits are only five dollars, I can give you one.”
One of the other girls snorted and added, “If she even has five dollars.”

I could not believe that they were hazing me like that. I just ignored them and tried to focus. Not everyone is as bad as them, right? Well, I used to think so, but I am not sure anymore. Everyone at my school laughs and mocks me like that. I have tried to tell the teachers, but they are either “busy”, or just in their break room, where students cannot go. I told my parents, but they are so busy with work. They tell me that people will like me if they get to know me. Apparently, it is just because I am the new person. Although, it has been a few months now and I am still treated like the ‘new girl’. I feel like I have tried to get to know people, but it always ends in disaster.

One time, I approached a group of people at lunch and asked to sit with them. The response that I received from one of the guys shocked me. “You think that because you brought a chair, you can sit wherever you want? There are a certain number of seats at these tables for a reason.” He sneered, “Get lost.”
I looked around at the other people sitting at the table, some guys and some girls. I desperately waited for one of them to stand up for me or something and back me up, but they all had such an angry glare.

Once, when school was over, somebody ran up behind me and grabbed the back of my chair. They spun me around and shoved me, rolling me down the hall. I still have no idea who it was, but everyone in the hallway just stepped out of the way and laughed as they headed for the exit. I have no idea what I did to deserve that. I have never asked for special treatment, or anything. I suppose that every one of my classmates just hates me.

I'm Disabled,People Made Fun of Me,Made Fun of Me,actually happened,disabled person,storybooth,story booth,storytime,story time,animation,mean girls,mean girl,students,true story,teacher,insulted,bully,bullied,school,class,high school,story,mean,student,friends,stories,made fun of,best friend,afraid,people,happy,disabled,teen,animated channel,pain,animation short film,short animation,actually happened stories,problems,true stories,Im Disabled,im disabled,

Post a Comment

0 Comments