Advertisement

How to make great introductions (without risking your reputation).

How to make great introductions (without risking your reputation). Networking on LinkedIn: Do you know how to make great introductions (without risking your reputation)? If not, then this one's for you!

When someone asks you to introduce them to another person in your network, you've got three choices:

1. Ignore the request
2. Say “I’m kinda busy. Reach out on your own … and drop my name.”
3. Take 10 minutes to make a personal introduction for them

Let’s be honest: saying “drop my name” is a waste of time for others … but it can be EVEN WORSE FOR YOU!

Just because someone is great fun to party with on the weekends doesn’t mean they won’t make you look bad in a professional situation. If you care about your friend … and your reputation … you’ll choose Door #3.

I just did. I just took 15 precious minutes out of my busy day to make a thoughtful introduction for my new friend Dan … to two people in my precious network of professional acquaintances. Why did I do it? Because I know that my thoughtful connection will pay me back in spades … for years to come. I also know that those 15 minutes gave me a chance to control the situation, and protect my reputation.

Making a personal introduction takes time. It takes effort. And yes, it even puts you at risk of a referral gone bad (yes, I’ve had people make me look bad over the years. It’s awful!)

But it’s the right thing to do … and I promise you: if you start making meaningful connections for others today, your network will feed your career and your family for life.

I learned all this the hard way, but you don’t have to!

In this LiveStream, I’ll talk about the pros and cons to all three ways of handling a connection request. Then, I’ll walk you through my exact script for writing a high-powered introduction that will …

1. Protect your reputation
2. Make you look like a top-notch professional
3. Help BOTH people you are introducing
4. Dramatically boost the chances of a good response to your introduction request.

Try my strategy, and before you know it people will start calling YOU a “Networking ninja!” (just like they do me.

Enjoy! – Catherine

Career,#career,Consulting,#consulting,Job Hunt,#jobhunt,Job Search,#jobsearch,Catherine Byers Breet,Arbez,#arbez,introduce yourself,

Post a Comment

0 Comments